Indian Institute of Quantitative Finance
- Book a guidance call
- Program Duration
- Program Schedule
- Program Timing
- Program Start Date
FRM Program | Financial Risk Manager Course Highlights
- Extensive comprehensive training for exhaustive exam preparation.
- Rigorous practice exams at the end of each module, with feedback to fine-tune your preparations.
- Specialized problem solving sessions of past FRM® exam questions.
- 2 full-length simulated Mock Tests.
- Subject-wise online tests.
- Extra sessions for personalized doubt clearing.
- Access to view the recordings of the online training program lecture sessions.
About The Course
The FRM® is a globally recognised certificate of competency in Financial Risk Management conferred by GARP® . The certfication is awarded to candidates passing the FRM® examination conducted by GARP®. FRM® is meant for professionals wishing to take up a career in the field of Risk Management in any investment institution across the globe. The risk manager’s job involves assessing, estimating and measuring, controlling and managing the risks of investments. This is an integral part of the investment process. Towards this end, FRM® is the Global Benchmark for the Financial Risk Management professionals in the industry.
The FRM® exam is a practitioners' exam. Its emphasis lies on the practical applications of the subject. The FRM® syllabus is very dynamic and changes every year to reflect the recent global events and scenarios. The exam is percentile based and there is no defined minimum score in order to pass the exam. The exam is graded based on an aggregate score of all the students. There is no section-wise cut-off score and there is no negative marking for wrong answers. After the completion of the exam, the students are provided with score in relation to what sections they did better on for future reference and how they did in comparison to their peers. There is no fixed breakdown of questions that might be theoretical versus numerical problems.
The FRM® Exam consists of two parts – FRM® Exam Part I and FRM® Exam Part II. Only those who clear FRM® Exam Part I will be eligible to appear for the FRM® Exam Part II. Candidates also have the option to take both FRM® Exam Part I and II at the same time, but in that case their Part II exam will be evaluated only if the clear the Part I, else they have to take both the parts again. Both the FRM® Exam Part I and FRM® Exam Part II will be offered simultaneously in May and November each year.
- FRM® Exam Guide Book – Comprehensive guide book covering each Learning Objective from the FRM® AIMS.
- FRM® Exam Refresher – Concise material to revise the syllabus
- FRM® Exam Visual Memory Sheets – for quick visual reference of key concepts
- FRM® Question Bank – More than 2000 questions with solutions including past FRM® practice exams
- Excel Models – MS Excel worksheet models and examples of different financial, statistical and risk management related topics
- FRM® is a practitioners exam, very unlike any other academic exam. So the best way to prepare for FRM® Exam is to learn from risk management industry practitioners who have done hands on risk modelling, have practical exposure to real life risk management issues, have significant experience in core risk management systems. The trainers are professionals who are highly experienced in the way that they have done hands-on risk modeling which is very different and much more advanced than so-called practitioners who have been simple "risk management users/professionals" but not risk management researchers and developers.
- Instructors at IIQF include top risk management experts who are pioneers in India in developing risk management technologies, models and risk management systems and products which are used by some of the largest global banks and financial institutions. They have been into risk modeling and research and development of risk management systems for over a decade. What can be better than being taught by the very people who are pioneers of this domain in India, who have developed risk management systems from scratch that are being used by some of the best global financial institutions.
FRM® Part I Exam Details
FRM® Exam Part I is of 4 hours duration and will be administered over one single session. The exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions. The topics covered in the FRM® Exam Part I along with their weightage in the exam and the number of questions from each topic are :
- 1) Foundations of Risk Management (20%)
- 2) Quantitative Analysis (20%)
- 3) Financial Markets and Products (30%)
- 4) Valuation and Risk Modeling (30%)
FRM® Part II Exam Details
FRM® Exam Part II is of 4 hours duration and will be administered over one single session. The exam consists of 80 multiple-choice questions. The topics covered in the FRM® Exam Part II along with their weightage in the exam and the number of questions from each topic are :
- 1) Market Risk Measurement and Management (20%)
- 2) Credit Risk Measurement and Management (20%)
- 3) Operational Risk and Resiliency (20%)
- 4) Liquidity and Treasury Risk Measurement and Management (15%)
- 5) Risk Management and Investment Management (15%)
- 6) Current Issues in Financial Markets (10%)
- FRM® certified professionals find opportunities as Chief Risk Officer, Chief Finance officer, Risk managers, Head of Risk Management in Banks, Investment Banks, Stock Exchanges, Asset Management Companies, Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds, Insurance Companies, Private Equity Firms, Large Corporates, Credit Rating Agencies and Regulators.
- With the recent global financial crisis, Risk Management in financial institutions has gained more importance than ever before. In view of this Risk Management as a career option has become even more prospective and lucrative across the globe and specially in India. There had always been a shortage of appropriately qualified risk management professionals and this shortage is going to get more accentuated, leading to greater demand for FRM® certified professionals.
Why choose IIQF ?
IIQF is the oldest FRM Exam preperation provider in India
IIQF is founded by people who have been risk management consultants to major global financial institutions for over 20 years and have educational experience from top global institutions.
Instructors at IIQF include top risk management experts who are pioneers in India in developing risk management technologies, models and risk management systems and products which are used by some of the largest global banks and financial institutions. They have been into risk modeling and research and development of risk management systems for over 20 years.
IIQF has the unique distinction in India of being the only academic institution that has tied-up with several top corporates from the industry to provide Risk Management and Financial Engineering solutions to the financial institutions and financial services industry. It has very niche domain expertise in Risk Management technologies.
IIQF has been engaged by top Wall Street Investment Banks for placement of our students. IIQF has been engaged as trainers for their Quant teams.
Extensive training for exhaustive exam preparation, suitable even for candidates having limited exposure to quants and risk management.
The course covers each subject from the very basics to the advanced levels. Each subject is taught by specialist market practitioners from that subject area.
Highly experienced and qualified instructors who have combination of teaching and industry experience to equip the candidates with expertise in Risk Management concepts and enable them to score success in the exam.
Practice exams at the end of each module. 3 Mock tests before the FRM® Exam.
Concise course material.
Question bank with solutions.
Assistance in job placement and career guidance.
Financial & Events
Encourages the full time students to enter this domain, benefits, if you are still pursuing formal education.
Education loans availble at 0% Interest for full time Indian residents. View EMI Plans
What our learners have to say...
"I cleared FRM® part 1. Please convey my heartiest gratitude to all the faculties and all the staff who have managed the coaching. Big Thank you to you for managing it seamlessly."
I am glad to let you know that I have passed FRM® L1. Thanks for all the help and support. Please pass my thanks and regards to all the faculty members.
One good decision I took was to join IIQF for FRM® 2009 training. Certainly the guidance I received from IIQF was just superb. The faculty team was very knowledgeable and also very very helpful, if you have any doubts you can call them up or go and meet them in person or send an email they are always available. For any exam individual effort matters a lot but if you have a guidance like that from IIQF it certainly helps a lot.Thank you
I would like to thank IIQF team for the excellent training and guidance they provided me for clearing the FRM® exam. The extensive support helped me a lot in clearing the FRM® part 1 and 2 exam.
"I passed the FRM® level 1 course. Huge thanks to the IIQF team."
Thanks for the guidance and the support given by the team including Abhijit, which really helped me to clear my exams.
Many thanks! IIQF paved the way for me. I appreciate the help & guidance!Thanks,
Thank you very much for your wonderful class and guidance. It has helped me in my preparation for FRM® Level I.Best Regards
Get on a call with a Counsellor
Fill up the Registration Form
Pay the fee & join the upcoming batch
What are the minimum eligibility requirements for FRM®?
In order to be certified as a Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and be able to use the FRM® acronym after your name, the following is required :
1) Pass the FRM Exam Part I
2) Pass the FRM Exam Part II by December 31 of the fourth year of passing the FRM Part I
3) A minimum of two years experience in the area of financial risk management or another related field including, but not limited to, trading, portfolio management, academic or industry research, economics, auditing, risk consulting, and/or risk technology.
4) However, there is no minimum educational qualification requirement for appearing for the FRM® exam.
I do not have relevant work experience, am I eligible for FRM®?
Although to get the FRM® charter you need two years of relevant work experience, however, there is no eligibility requirements for appearing for the FRM® exam. You can appear for the FRM® exam, clear it, get the relevant work experience and then get the charter.
If you passed the FRM® exam (Full exam or both Level-I and Level-II) but do not have the 2 years of relevant work experience, GARP will issue you a letter stating you passed the FRM® exam. You will be considered as "FRM® Holder" but not "Certified FRM® Holder". You will not be eligible to use the FRM® designation after your name until such time as you have gained the 2 years of work experience, submitted proof of such to and have received confirmation from GARP that you are formally included on its registry of certified FRM® holders. However, you can include the following statement on your CV/Resume : "FRM® Program – Passed Levels I & II". That would add value to your resume.
After you have passed both the FRM® Exam Level I and II, met the 2 year work experience requirement and received an email notification that your CV/Resume submission for your FRM® Certificate has been reviewed and is complete, you can begin using the FRM® designation after your name.
I am an undergraduate, am I eligible for FRM®?
You can appear for the FRM® exam but you will get the charter only after you fulfill the above mentioned requirements
I have passed the FRM® Exam Level I and I have yet to take the FRM® Exam Level II. Can I note on my CV/resume that I passed Level I?
If you have passed the level-I exam but have not appeared/passed the level-II exam, you can include the following statement on your CV/Resume : "FRM® Program – Passed Level I"
I have passed the FRM® Exam Level I and FRM® Exam Level II, but have not yet met the work experience requirement. What can I state on my CV/resume?
If you have passed the FRM® Exam Level I and Level II, but have not yet met the work experience requirement or been notified by GARP that your work experience meet the requirements for certification, you will be considered to be "FRM® Holder" and you can include the following statement on your CV/Resume : “FRM® Program – Passed Levels I & II”
I have passed the FRM® Exam Level-I and FRM® Exam Level-II, is there a time limit when I have to submit my CV/resume?
Yes. Once you pass both the levels, you have 5 years to submit your CV/resume to GARP's Resume Builder after passing the FRM Exam Part II. Experience up to 10 years prior to passing both Exams is applicable as well. If you do not complete this step within this timeframe, you will be required to re-enroll in the program, pay all applicable fees, and retake the FRM Exam Part I and the FRM Exam Part II.
If I fail the FRM® Exam Level I, am I required to re-take the exam within a certain period of time?
No. There are no restrictions on when you can re-register for FRM® Exam Level I. If you re-register you will be required to pay the exam fee only, you do not have to pay the enrollment fee.
I have passed the FRM® Exam Level I. Am I required to register for the FRM® Exam Level II within a certain period of time?
Yes. Once a candidate passes FRM® Exam Level I they must pass FRM® Exam Level II within 4 years. If a candidate fails to pass the FRM® Exam Level II within that timeframe, they must start the program all over again and re-enroll in the FRM® Exam Program
What qualifies as relevant financial risk management work experience?
GARP looks for work experience where the identification, measurement, monitoring, or management of risk is a meaningful part of the job’s responsibility. As the FRM covers a range of critical and fundamental aspects of risk, finance, and quantitative analysis, its application can be found in many jobs, including risk analysis, model validation, trading, portfolio management, treasury, audit, consulting, and many more.
GARP does not endorse, promote, review, or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by Indian Institute of Quantitative Finance (IIQF), nor does it endorse the scores claimed by the Exam Preparatory Training Provider. Further, GARP is not responsible for any fees paid by the user to Indian Institute of Quantitative Finance (IIQF) nor is GARP responsible for any remuneration to any person or entity providing services to Indian Institute of Quantitative Finance (IIQF). ERP®, FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals™ are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc.