Welcome to Our Series of Webinars - Deep Dives with IIQF Experts
Indian Institute of Quantitative Finance
- 12 PM to 12.45 PM - Keynote addresses by the esteemed panellists
- Topic - Careers in Machine Learning in Finance
- 12.45 PM to 1.30 PM - Interactive Q&A
- BFSI ML-driven focus areas
- BFSI roles disrupted by ML
- ML skills & competencies required by BFSI & Fintech
- Fintech challenge to large global banks, funds & broker-dealers
- ML roles in Fintech companies
- Rebooting your career for AI, ML & Data Science driven Financial Quants & Analytics
- Emerging ML research topics in finance
Prof Rituparna Sen
Ph.D. in Statistics , University of Chicago, USA
- Associate Professor at the Applied Statistics Division, Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore.
- She worked as Assistant Professor at the University of California at Davis from 2004–2011.
- She has also taught courses in Chennai Mathematical Institute and Madras School of Economics.
- An elected member of the International Statistical Institute
- A council member of the International Society for Business and Industrial Statistics.
- She has been awarded the Young Statistical Scientist Award by the International Indian Statistical Association, the Best - Student Paper Award by the American Statistical Association and the Women in Mathematical Sciences award by Technical University of Munich, Germany.
ML Expertise (Teaching ML Statistics for Computational Finance)
- Authored A Book on Computational Finance with R
- Authored 30+ Research Papers & Articles
- Editor: Journal of Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry
- Member of CAIML (Center for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning) at ISI
- Associate Editor of several other journals
- Guided several masters students on theses in the ML area
Sanjay has done his MBA-Finance & MSc in Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence from Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) and Post-Graduate Diploma in Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence from IIIT-Bangalore. He is currently working as a Director with UBS - Risk Modelling & Analytics, Model Risk Management & Control, and Chief Risk Office (CRO) Function.
Sanjay is a Risk Management & Analytics professional with 15 years of mainstay experience in risk models & methodology space encompassing BASEL Advanced AIRB, IFRS-9, IMM & SACCR Exposure, XVA, FRTB, OTC Deri Pricing & other advanced modelling topics. Previously worked with various foreign banks (Barclays, RBS, Citi, Credit Suisse) and in Risk Consulting.
He is also very passionate about imparting practical model understanding & insights and has been a professional trainer for Corporate & Investment Banks. His areas of interest are Credit & Counterparty Credit Risk, Market Risk, Stress Testing, Stochastic Modelling, Quantitative Finance and Machine Learning.
Ritesh Chandra (President – Credit Risk Management with a leading private sector bank), PGDM - IIM-Calcutta, B.Tech - IIT-Kanpur, CFA(USA) charter holder.
Ritesh is a seasoned banking professional with 14yrs experience in Risk Management. Passionate about teaching, he has been conducting online sessions for the past 6 years. His areas of interest are – Quantitative Finance, Machine Learning and Blockchain technology. He is a Member of the Board of Studies (in the area of Finance) at IMT-Center of Distance Learning (CDL), Ghaziabad.