Applications are invited for the positions of "ANALYST" in one of the leading Rating Agency and Analytics Company in Mumbai.
Click here to Apply
- This is a high-profile front office position which will require a high level of engagement with a variety of stakeholders across the firm, including Trading, Sales, Risk, Legal, QA, Technology and Operations.
- Need to proactively manage projects related to Un cleared Derivative Margin rollout actively working with IT, Ops and Risk teams.
- Liaise with Prime Services Risk Owners, Operations, Credit Risk, Legal and IT on daily issues and ensure the fixes are implemented or interim solutions are provided before agreed SLAs of Client margin calls, else instruct teams to communicate clients for the delays in Margin Calls. Also direct teams with possible solutions to the fixes and guide them how to implement them.
- Proactively provide inputs and suggestions to improve processes.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduate or MBA/IT. CFA/FRM® finance courses are an advantage.
- Works in a risk relevant role. Should have good product knowledge - Rates, FX , Equities and Credit.
- Methodologies including Standardized Initial Margin Model (SIMM), Equity Long/Short, Convertible Bond Arbitrage, ADR/ORD trading, etc along with a good working knowledge of other asset class portfolio margin methodologies.
- Understanding of OTC derivatives products and related margin methodologies, derivatives pricing, risk including value-at-risk, historical simulation and VCV (variance co-variance).
- Understanding of first and second order risk sensitivities.
- Excellent verbal and good written communication with ability to produce business requirements specifications.
- Highly analytical and numerate with exceptional problem solving abilities.
- Advanced Excel (Pivot tables, Macros), MS Access/SQL Language with an intermediate understanding of databases, inclination to learn new IT Skills like Qlikview. Coding ability in functional languages such as R, Python, will be an added advantage.
- Familiar with EMIR, Dodd-Frank, specifically in relation to margin for non-centrally cleared derivatives.
- Well organised with good time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Team player with an ability to quickly build credibility.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise accordingly in a highly pressurised environment.
- Detailed and meticulous, consistently delivering a high level of accuracy and attention to detail with high quality output.
- Independent Price Verification and reserve calculations of GCT parameters such as Bonds, convertible bonds, CDS, loans etc.
- Provide analysis of pricing variance drivers, perform due diligence on the reliability of market data from multiple sources such as Bloomberg, Markit-Totem, brokers and other independent sources.
- Ensure controls around processes such as population completeness and accuracy, and adherence to key operating procedure.
- Basic understanding of Credit market.
- Discuss IPV and reserving results with regional GVG teams and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within strict timelines.
- Developing strong relationships with product control, risk management and models and methodology team on valuation and modeling issues.
- Reporting including Trading pack preparation for senior GVG management, Front Office, Risk Management and Finance.
- Take a lead in driving process improvements and automations.
- Be involved in ad-hoc projects / investigation requests from Stakeholders.
- Escalate issues on time when required.
Primary Responsibilities :