Applications are invited for the positions of "ANALYST/SENIOR ANALYST" in the Global Credit Trading team of a leading MNC Investment Bank in Mumbai.
Click here to Apply
- Responsible for running the IPV (Independent Price Verification) processes for GCT products (parameter risk based valuation testing or Cash Positions). The role involves daily and month-end price testing, reserve calculation, adjustments and reporting results along with commentary and analysis. The candidate should be comfortable with liaising with key stakeholders such as Regional GVG teams, Product Controllers, Market Risk and Front Office. Basic knowledge of the products (Bonds / CDS) and competency with Excel and Access is essential.
- MBA Finance preferably with BE / BTech./ BSc. /Computer Science background or CA, with 2 years of work experienceExperience.
- Experience in the Bonds, loans valuations or Risk and Pnl / Product Control in relevant asset classes.
- Good understanding of Credit products.
- Knowledge and experience with Totem-MarkiT, Bloomberg or Reuters in key markets preferable.
- Must have strong MS Excel and Access skills and experience in writing macros a plus.
- Ideal if experienced in VBA and any development in an object-oriented language.
- Needs to be a self-starter and should have demonstrated ownership and accountability in current role.
- Ability to learn quickly with strong communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and must be a proven team player.
- Independent Price Verification and reserve calculations of GCT parameters such as Bonds, convertible bonds, CDS, loans etc.
- Provide analysis of pricing variance drivers, perform due diligence on the reliability of market data from multiple sources such as Bloomberg, Markit-Totem, brokers and other independent sources.
- Ensure controls around processes such as population completeness and accuracy, and adherence to key operating procedure.
- Basic understanding of Credit market.
- Discuss IPV and reserving results with regional GVG teams and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within strict timelines.
- Developing strong relationships with product control, risk management and models and methodology team on valuation and modeling issues.
- Reporting including Trading pack preparation for senior GVG management, Front Office, Risk Management and Finance.
- Take a lead in driving process improvements and automations.
- Be involved in ad-hoc projects / investigation requests from Stakeholders.
- Escalate issues on time when required.
Qualification and Experience:
Primary Responsibilities :