Applications are invited for the positions of "Investment Risk Analyst" positions in a global consulting firm that helps companies in the areas of risk management, internal audit, technology, operations, governance and business consulting. The position will be based in Kuwait. The role reports to the leadership of Banking and Financial Services team within the Internal Audit and Risk Advisory Practice. The opportunity provides excellent tax free remuneration package and a fantastic career path for the successful candidate. The company has through their network of more than 75 offices in over 35 countries have served more than 35% of Fortune 1000 and Global 500 companies. They also work with smaller, growing companies, including those looking to go public, as well as with government agencies.
Click here to Apply
- Strong academic credentials – CA / MBA / CFA / Engineering, (FRM® / PRM certification preferred)
- Extremely proficient with MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Preferable to have knowledge of Bloomberg functionalities and a programming language such as VBA / R / Python
- Prior experience in Investment Management or Investment Risk Management is desired
- Strong Communication Skills, Project Management Skills and Client Relationship
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of financial products such as: listed and unlisted equity, fixed income, private equity, private equity funds, direct real estate investment, real estate funds etc.
- Understanding of risk appetite statement with tolerance limits.
- Ability to calculate portfolio VaR and perform duration analysis (DV01, PV01) (Also beta analysis for equity products).
- Ability to perform liquidity mismatch / gap analysis.
- Ability to calculate various measures for monitoring investment performance such as alpha, tracking error, information ratio, sortino ratio, sharpe and treynor ratios etc.
- Ability to write detailed and compelling commentary on the risk profile for each asset class.
- Understanding Risk Budgeting and Risk Financing process.
- Ability to extract market data from Bloomberg.
- Willingness to continually enhance the investment risk management framework and processes.
- Ability to present risk reports and commentary to senior management and board risk committee.
- Contribute to ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to think laterally, showcase business acumen and be well versed in current trends and developments across business & economy.
- Ability to take independent decisions and guide business in tune with changes in the regulatory environment.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Must work well in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor in times of high stress.
- Enjoys travelling and meeting new people. Able to travel as required to meet client needs. Flexibility to travel to, and work in, other locations is essential.
Key Requirements and Responsibilities :
Key Personal Attributes: